Are you ready? Begin Here!
1. Complete the written application online by one of the two deadlines: February 5, 2024 (early deadline) or February 22, 2024 (regular deadline)
- We strongly encourage applicants to apply by the early deadline in order to be given priority consideration but if you need a little more time, there’s still the regular deadline.
- Note on location: As a national program, your application is not city-specific, but you will have the opportunity to rank your preferences for location in the application.
2. For those who make it to the second round, we’ll follow up to schedule an interview for late February/early March. We’ll learn more about you and give you a chance to learn more about OVC. After interviews, our team will huddle and share our decision by mid-March at the latest.
3. Upon acceptance into the program, you will be matched with a city (Boston or Pittsburgh). If you accept the offer to join OVC, we’ll then begin the process of matching you with a nonprofit in your city. We’ll gather more information from you and placement partners. You’ll read through project descriptions, placement partners will review resumes. During late spring or sometime in the summer, be ready for one or more virtual interviews with placement partners.
4. Orientation takes place in August and lasts for a week. We’ll have fun together. We’ll pray together. We’ll think carefully about the 10-month program--and how to seize it for all its worth. We’ll build our community. Then we begin.
5. The 2024-25 program runs August 26, 2024 - June 27, 2025 (breaks included).